Legends of Astravia
A downloadable game for Windows
UPDATE 3/20/2019: The v2.3b demo is now available! This ~2 hour demo includes a ton of QoL changes, graphics updates, and more.
Have feedback? Found a bug? Want to see what I'm up to? Join the official discord!
Legends of Astravia is a story-driven RPG inspired by classic Super Nintendo games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and the Legend of Zelda.
It was originally created for the IGMC 2017 contest, but what was supposed to be a small game turned out to become the introduction to an epic RPG.
The game starts off in the small town of Mordin Village, bordered by forests and swamps on the western edge of Astravia. After being rescued by the local swordsman, Baldric, you find yourself at a loss for any of your past memories. Under the assumption you were a courier from the city of Valica to the east, you decide to prepare for your venture there, with hope that the familiar environment will help you regain your memory.
This game is in active development and will continue to receive periodic updates. It is free throughout its development cycle, until it enters Early Access. From there, demos will be available to project contributors, until the game eventually becomes fully complete!
Current playable version: v2.3 Beta
Next release version: v3 Beta - Early Access
I look forward to completing this project and hearing everyone's feedback!
- Fast-paced “Action Timed Battle” system that relies on strong decision making.
- No random encounters! You get to choose your own battles.
- Multiple party members with individual combat styles.
- Various dungeons, caves, and towns to explore with unique puzzles and characters.
- Various side-quests with special rewards.
- Crafting / Extraction / Enchantment system for weapons, equipment, and items.
- Dynamic lighting and weather to create an immersive world.
Centuries ago, before calm villages and thriving cities, we were fated to perish at the brink of an inevitable apocalypse.
The ground quaked with terror as the day of reckoning manifested--the air burned with the sick certainty of death…
…and we begged to the Gods that our world would not be taken from us.
It was then that two figures appeared, casting their shadows across the horizon and blotting out the sun. In awe of their presence, the ground went still and the fires went silent--order returning to Astravia once more.
Hailed as legends from those who survived the Cataclysm, the First Shadow was generous and powerful, and the Second Shadow was neither. The two performed miracles said to be as dangerous as the Cataclysm itself, digging seas with the wave of their hands, shaping mountains with their shouts, and growing forests with only a whisper.
Perhaps their greatest feat, however, was their ability to take the form of whatever they pleased. And when the two Shadows grew tired of admiration, they took the forms of mortals and vanished into myth.
The remnants of their power…the Essence of their divinity, is all that remains to us.
Known Bugs / Issues (v2.3b)
- (Only if you downloaded the game prior to 4/3/19 )Moving the cursor very quickly in battle will cause the icons to "desync" from the commands in the ring menu.
- (Only if you downloaded the game prior to 3/23/19) Baldric's Awakening does not appropriately spend the Fury, so it can be used at no cost.
- If you receive the error "Failed to load script", you must ensure you're running the program from the same drive as your OS. There will be a workaround for this in the future
- Controllers are not supported...yet!
- Using an awakening after previously having been poisoned will display the poison animation briefly.
In this chat server I'll be providing periodic updates and musings about the development process. You can directly talk to me about the game and provide feedback, get to know other contributors or fans of the project, or just hang out and chat!
"Legends of Astravia", and its story, characters, and themes within are © Studio Alemni LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
Borrowed assets, scripts, and game engine components are property of their respected owners, and are used and modified with their permission.
This information is detailed in the "Credits" documentation provided with the game.
Any asset, script, or component not detailed in the "Credits" documentation is created by and thus property of Studio Alemni LLC.
If you feel an asset, script, or component was used without your permission, please contact us immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org
|Updated||2 days ago|
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure|
|Made with||RPG Maker|
|Tags||2D, Exploration, Fantasy, JRPG, Pixel Art, RPG Maker, Singleplayer, Story Rich|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
|Links||Patreon, RPGMaker.net, Twitter|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Menu Showcase44 days ago
- Quick Status Update78 days ago
- Big Plans, Let's Play & MoreApr 17, 2019
- The v2.3 Beta is Finally Available!Mar 21, 2019
- Progress Report: Changes for the Upcoming UpdateMar 20, 2019
- Poll: Proposed Resolution ChangesFeb 04, 2019
- Tileset Changes and ProgressFeb 02, 2019
- Roadmap: February 2019Jan 18, 2019