Legends of Astravia
A downloadable game for Windows
UPDATE 3/20/2019: The v2.3b demo is now available! This ~2 hour demo includes a ton of QoL changes, graphics updates, and more.
Have feedback? Found a bug? Want to see what I'm up to? Join the official discord!
Legends of Astravia is a story-driven, puzzle-based RPG inspired by classic Super Nintendo games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and the Legend of Zelda.
It was originally created for the IGMC 2017 contest, but what was supposed to be a small game turned out to become the introduction to an epic RPG.
The game starts off in the small town of Mordin Village, bordered by forests and swamps on the western edge of Astravia. After being rescued by the local swordsman, Baldric, you find yourself at a loss for any of your past memories. Under the assumption you were a courier from the city of Valica to the east, you decide to prepare for your venture there, with hope that the familiar environment will help you regain your memory.
This game is in active development and will continue to receive periodic updates. It is free throughout its development cycle, until it becomes approximately 50-75% complete. From there, demos will be available to project contributors, until the game eventually becomes complete!
Current estimated project completion: 15%
Current version: v2.3 Beta
Next release version: v3 Beta - Early Access
I look forward to completing this project and hearing everyone's feedback!
- Fast-paced “Action Timed Battle” system that relies on strong decision making.
- No random encounters! You get to choose your own battles.
- Multiple party members with individual combat styles.
- Various dungeons, caves, and towns to explore with unique puzzles and characters.
- Various side-quests with special rewards.
- Crafting / Extraction / Enchantment system for weapons, equipment, and items.
- Dynamic lighting and weather to create an immersive world.
Over a century ago, a horrific, apocalyptic event known as the Great Cataclysm threatened to wipe out the world of Astravia.
Upon the brink of destruction, two heroes used their magical prowess to stop it, then vanished--overwhelmed by the strength needed to stop the apocalypse. The people of Astravia hailed their sacrifice.
However, the world's salvation was not enough to save it from discourse. At the brink of extinction, tensions grew between the sister kingdoms of Valica and Anatas.
An imbalance of power between the knights of Valica and mysticians of Anatas erupted. A war ensued, and countless deaths could not be prevented. Years passed and this this war eventually ended, and the two kingdoms formed a reluctant treaty.
For a short while it seemed Astravia would see peace.
Yet, it would not be long before the casualties of war would brew a hatred and malice that would bring forth a new threat to the world…
Known Bugs / Issues (v2.3b)
- (Only if you downloaded the game prior to 4/3/19 )Moving the cursor very quickly in battle will cause the icons to "desync" from the commands in the ring menu.
- (Only if you downloaded the game prior to 3/23/19) Baldric's Awakening does not appropriately spend the Fury, so it can be used at no cost.
- If you receive the error "Failed to load script", you must ensure you're running the program from the same drive as your OS. There will be a workaround for this in the future
- Controllers are not supported...yet!
- Using an awakening after previously having been poisoned will display the poison animation briefly.
In this chat server I'll be providing periodic updates and musings about the development process. You can directly talk to me about the game and provide feedback, get to know other contributors or fans of the project, or just hang out and chat!
"Legends of Astravia", and its story, characters, and themes within are © Studio Alemni LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
Borrowed assets, scripts, and game engine components are property of their respected owners, and are used and modified with their permission.
This information is detailed in the "Credits" documentation provided with the game.
Any asset, script, or component not detailed in the "Credits" documentation is created by and thus property of Studio Alemni LLC.
If you feel an asset, script, or component was used without your permission, please contact us immediately via email@example.com
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure, Puzzle|
|Made with||RPG Maker|
|Tags||2D, Exploration, Fantasy, JRPG, RPG Maker, Singleplayer, Story Rich|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
|Links||Patreon, RPGMaker.net, Twitter|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Big Plans, Let's Play & More7 days ago
- The v2.3 Beta is Finally Available!34 days ago
- Progress Report: Changes for the Upcoming Update35 days ago
- Poll: Proposed Resolution Changes79 days ago
- Tileset Changes and Progress81 days ago
- Roadmap: February 201996 days ago
- 2.2b Update + Gameplay StreamDec 14, 2018
- Big Battle Changes & Next Version PlansDec 12, 2018